Ion Beam Surface Layer Analysis [electronic resource] : Volume 1 / by Otto Meyer
- Meyer, Otto
- New York, NY : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 1976.
- 1st ed. 1976.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 494 pages 16 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- of Volume 1 -- I. Energy Loss and Straggling -- The Treatment of Energy-Loss Fluctuations in Surface-Layer Analysis by Ion Beams -- Evidence of Solid State Effects in the Energy Loss of 4He Ions in Matter -- Empirical Stopping Cross Sections for 4He Ions -- Determination of Stopping Cross Sections by Rutherford Backscattering -- Depth Profiling of Implanted 3He in Solids by Nuclear Reaction and Rutherford Backscattering -- Energy Loss Straggling of Protons in Thick Absorbers -- Energy Dependence of Proton Straggling in Carbon -- Energy Straggling of 4He Ions in Al and Cu in the Backscattering Geometry -- Energy Spreading Calculations and Consequences -- Analysis of Nuclear Scattering Cross Sections by Means of Molecular Ions -- II. Backscattering Analysis -- Determining Concentration vs. Depth Profiles from Backscattering Spectra without Using Energy Loss Values -- Comparative Analysis of Surface Layers by Backscattering and by Auger Electron Spectroscopy -- Analyzing the Formation of a Thin Compound Film by Taking Moments on Backscattering Spectra -- Computer Analysis of Nuclear Backscattering -- Some Practical Aspects of Depth Profiling Gases in Metals by Proton Backscattering: Application to Helium and Hydrogen Isotopes -- Depth Profiling of Deuterium and Helium in Metals by Elastic Proton Scattering: A Measurement of the Enhancement of the Elastic Scattering Cross Section over Rutherford Scattering Cross Section -- Near-Surface Investigation by Backscattering of N+ Ions and Grazing Angle Beam Incidence -- The Application of Low Angle Rutherford Backscattering to Surface Layer Analysis -- Measurement of Projected and Lateral Range Parameters for Low Energy Heavy Ions in Silicon by Rutherford Backscattering -- Range Parameters of Heavy Ions in Silicon and Germanium with Reduced Energies from 0.001 ? ? ? 10 -- On Problems of Resolving Power in Rutherford Backscattering -- Studies of Surface Contaminations, Composition and Formation of Superconducting Layers of V, Nb3Sn and of Tunneling Elements Using High Energetic Protons Combined with Heavy Ions -- Determination of Implanted Carbon Profiles in NbC Single Crystals from Random Backscattering Spectra -- Pore Size from Resonant Charged Particle Backscattering -- Measurement of Thermal Diffusion Profiles of Gold Electrodes on Amorphous Semiconductor Devices by Deconvolution of Ion Backscattering Spectra -- Enhanced Sensitivity of Oxygen Detection by the 3.05 MeV (?,?) Plastic Scattering -- Progress Report on the Backscattering Standards Project (Abstract) -- III. Applications of Backscattering and Combined Techniques -- Ion Beam Studies of Thin Films and Interfacial Reactions -- Studies of Tantalum Nitride Thin Film Resistors -- Investigation of CVD Tungsten Metallizations on Silicon by Backscattering -- Ion Beam Analysis of Aluminium Profiles in Heteroepitaxial Ga1-xAlxAs-Layers -- Analysis of Ga1-xA1xAs-GaAs Heteroepitaxial Layers by Proton Backscattering -- Interdiffusion Kinetics in Thin Film Couples -- Backscattering and T.E.M. Studies of Grain Boundary Diffusion in Thin Metal Films -- The Analysis of Nickel and Chromium Migration Through Gold Layers -- Applications of Ion Beam Analysis to Insulators -- Lithium Ion Backscattering as a Novel Tool for the Charac terization of Oxidized Phases of Aluminum Obtained from Industrial Anodization Procedures -- Investigation of an Amino Suger-Like Compound from the Cell Walls of Bacteria Using Backscattering of MeV Particles -- IV. Equipment -- Versatile Apparatus for Real-Time Profiling of Interacting Thin Films Deposited in Situ -- Application of a High-Resolution Magnetic Spectrometer to Near-Surface Materials Analysis -- Rutherford Backscattering Analysis with Very High Depth Resolution Using an Electrostatic Analysing System -- An Apparatus for the Study of Ion and Photon Emission from Ion Bombarded Surfaces: I. Some Preliminary Results -- Author Index.
- The II. International Conference on Ion Beam Surface Layer Analysis was held on September 15-19, 1975 at the Nuclear Research Center, Karlsruhe, Germany. The date fell between two related con ferences: "Application of Ion-Beams to Materials" at Warwick, Eng land and "Atomic Collisions in Solids" at Amsterdam, the Nether lands. The first conference on Ion Beam Surface Layer Analysis was held at Yorktown Heights, New York, 1973. The major topic of that and the present conference was the material analysis with ion beams including backscattering and channeling, nuclear reactions and ion induced X-rays with emphasis on technical problems and no vel applications. The increasing interest in this field was docu mented by 7 invited papers and 85 contributions which were presen ted at the meeting in Karlsruhe to about 150 participants from 21 countries. The oral presentations were followed by parallel ses sions on "Fundamental Aspects", "Analytical Problems" and "Appli cations" encouraging detailed discussions on the topics of most current interest. Summaries of these sessions were presented by the discussion leaders to the whole conference. All invited and contributed papers are included in these proceedings; summaries of the discussion sessions will appear in a separate booklet and are availble from the editors. The application of ion beams to material analysis is now well established.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 34514229