Computer Simulation Studies in Condensed Matter Physics II [electronic resource] : New Directions Proceedings of the Second Workshop, Athens, GA, USA, February 20-24, 1989 / edited by David P. Landau, Kin K. Mon, Heinz-Bernd Schüttler
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 1990.
- 1st ed. 1990.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 189 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Landau, David P., Mon, Kin K., Schüttler, Heinz-Bernd, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- New Directions: An Introduction -- I Classical Systems -- Thoughts on Vectorized Algorithms for Molecular Dynamics -- Parallelization of Computational Physics Algorithms -- Classification and Exponents of Cellular Automata -- Mass Multifractality in Cluster Growth Models -- Noise Reduction in DLA -- Damage Spreading -- Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Proteins and Protein-Protein Complexes -- Computer Simulation of Rotating Molecules in Condensed Phases -- Novel Contexts of Computer Simulation -- II Quantum Systems -- Monte Carlo Studies of Many-Electron Systems -- Universal Reduction of Tc in Strong Coupling Superconductors due to Anderson/Kondo Impurities -- III Contributed Papers -- New Interfacial Phenomena in a Driven Diffusive System -- Spin Dynamics of Cuprate Superconductors: Exact Results from Numerical Continued Fraction Expansions -- Statistical Mechanics in Optimization Problems -- Structural Anisotropy of Aggregation Clusters -- Monte Carlo Studies of Spinodal Decomposition in the 2d Kinetic Ising Model -- Histogram Methods for Monte Carlo Data Analysis -- Theoretical Models for Adsorption and Diffusion of In on Cu(100) -- Index of Contributors.
- A broad overview of recent developments in computer simulation studies of condensed matter systems is provided in this book. Both classical and quantum systems are discussed. The contributions present new physical results and describe new simulation techniques and novel ways of interpreting simulational data. Topics covered include: - parallelization and vectorization - cellular automata, fractals and aggregation - damage spreading - molecular dynamics of proteins and rotating molecules in solids - quantum Monte Carlo studies of strongly correlated electron systems.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 34514660