Bottom Line Results from Strategic Human Resource Planning [electronic resource] / edited by R.J. Niehaus, K.F. Price
- New York, NY : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 1991.
- 1st ed. 1991.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 318 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Niehaus, Richard J., Price, K.F., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Strategic Human Resource Issues -- Strategic Human Resource Issues: Perceptions of the Human Resource Planning Society Corporate Sponsors -- Building Local Labor Market Dynamics into Workforce 2000 -- Developing the Human Resource Executive as a Strategic Partner: Turning Concept into Reality -- Powerful Partnerships: Linkages between HR and Strategic Business Activities in the Delaware Valley -- Empowering People at the Workforce Level -- Focusing Bordon Employees on Continuous Improvement -- The Bottom Line of Empowerment -- Management Practices Leading to High Work Unit Performance -- Restructuring/Right-sizing -- Management of a Major Downsizing at a Naval Shipyard -- Voluntary Excessing Employees: The Right Way to Downsize an Organization -- Implementing Organizational Change: An Ordinary Effort for an Extra-ordinary Situation -- Staff Reduction and the Bottom Line: Less Is Not Always More -- Managing People -- A Cross Cultural Study of Managerial Attitudes toward Executive Development: Implications for Transnational Organizations -- Hourly Training Needs: The Bottom Line Reaches the Leading Edge -- The Industrial Adjustment Service: A Canadian Model for Change Management -- Employee Pay Plan Preferences in a Bank -- Employee Commitment: The Elusive Edge -- Measuring the Impact on the Bottom Line -- Defining Effectiveness and Efficiency Measures in the Context of Human Resource Strategy -- Why Measure the CEO's Performance -- Company Values: A Key to Managing in Turbulent Times -- Quality of Output Programs for Manufacturing and Service Industries -- Workforce Analysis and Turnover Forecasting: Building Capacity in New York State Government -- Survey Data as a Catalyst for Employee Empowerment and Organizational Effectiveness -- Contributors.
- This volume is the proceedings of a symposium entitled "Bottom Line Results from Strategic Human Resource Planning" which was held at Salve Regina University, Newport, Rhode Island on June 11-14, 1991. The meeting was sponsored by the Research Committee of the Human Resource Planning Society (HRPS). In developing the agenda, the Research Committee continued the approach used in previous HRPS research symposia. The focus of these meetings is on the linkage ofthe state-of-practice with the state-of-the-art. Particular attention was placed on research studies which were application oriented so that member organizations can see examples of ways to extend current practices with the knowledge presented by the applications. The meeting had sessions on: (1) The Strategic Role of Human Resources, (2) Globalization, (3) Downsizing, (4) Quality as a Strategic Human Resource Issue, (5) Forecasting Human Resource Needs, and (6) Managing People to Build Competitive Advantage. Twenty six papers were presented with discussion periods at appropriate points in the meeting. This volume contains twenty two ofthese papers along with an introductory paper. A short summary is also provided at the beginning of each major subdivision into which the papers are arranged. Thanks are in order for all who contributed to the success of the meeting.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 34515868