Educational Alternatives for Students with Learning Disabilities [electronic resource] / edited by Susan A. Vogel
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 1992.
- 1st ed. 1992.
- Physical Description:
- XVIII, 228 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Vogel, Susan Ann and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Oral Language -- 1 Preschool Language Intervention in the Classroom: Rationale and Organizational Structure -- 2 Linguistic Transitions in Children and Adolescents with Language Learning Disabilities: Characteristics and Training -- 2 Academic Skills Instruction -- 3 Beginning Reading Instruction for Reading Disabled and At-Risk Students -- 4 Cognitive Strategy Instruction in Written Language for Learning Disabled Students -- 5 Effective Interventions: Using Both Hemispheres in Math -- 3 On the Cutting Edge -- 6 In the Spirit of Strategies Instruction: Cognitive and Metacognitive Aspects of the Strategies Intervention Model -- 7 Using Computers to Assist in Reading Instruction for Children with Learning Disabilities -- 8 Social Interventions for Students with Learning Disabilities: Towards a Broader Perspective -- 9 The Gifted/Learning Disabled: An Oxymoron? -- Author Index.
- Educational Alternatives for Students with Learning Disabilities responds to the pressing need to provide teachers of learning-disabled students with practical knowledge regarding state-of-the-art intervention strat- egies. This book provides examples of validated alternative educational practices which avoid the pitfalls and stigmatizing effects on students of older models of intervention. The new practices aim to maximize teaching effectiveness and to assist the learning disabled in achieving their potential. The intervention strategies described in this book have the power to enhance the efforts of all concerned.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- PDF and text file
View MARC record | catkey: 34515881