Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation IV [electronic resource] / edited by Bernard Geurts, Rainer Friedrich, Olivier Métais
- Dordrecht : Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer, 2001.
- 1st ed. 2001.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 530 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Geurts, Bernard, Friedrich, Rainer, Métais, Olivier, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Experimental measurements of subgrid passive scalar anisotropy and universality -- Simulation of the motion of particles in turbulent flow -- On the accuracy of symmetry-preserving discretization -- DNS of turbulent supersonic channel flow -- LES of wall-bounded turbulence based on a 6th-order compact scheme -- Large eddy simulations using the subgrid-scale estimation model and truncated Navier-Stokes dynamics -- Assessment of some models for LES without/with explicit filtering -- Alignment of eigenvectors for strain rate and subgrid-scale stress tensors -- A finite-mode spectral model of homogeneous and isotropic Navier-Stokes turbulence -- Analysing near-wall behaviour in a separating turbulent boundary layer by DNS -- A dynamic subgrid-scale model based on the turbulent kinetic energy -- A model using incremental scales applied to LES of turbulent channel flow -- Progress in direct simulations of 3D turbulent flames -- Direct numerical simulation of premixed turbulent combustion -- Partially-premixed combustion during autoignition of a turbulent nonpremixed flame -- DNS of turbulent H2/O2 premixed flames using compressible and low-mach number formulations -- Numerical simulation of turbulent reacting flow -- Transition in LES of bluff body flows and airfoils -- Large-eddy simulation of flow around a high lift airfoil -- An LES investigation of the separated flow past an airfoil at high angle of attack -- Direct numerical simulation of three-dimensional transition in the incompressible flow around a wing -- DNS of turbulent flows in a channel with roughness -- Dynamics of transitional noncircular buoyant reactive jets with side-wall effects -- Direct and large-eddy simulation of a transitional rectangular jet -- Coherent structures in excited spatially evolving round jets -- Direct and large-eddy simulations of compressible open cavity flows -- Diagonal Cartesian Method on staggered grids for a DNS in a tube bundle -- A new approach towards subgrid modeling in magnetohydrodynamic turbulence -- Numerical diffusion based on high-order derivatives in MUSCL schemes for LES on unstructured grids -- Large-eddy simulation of variable-density turbulent flows impinging on wall plates and cavity enclosures -- An adaptive wavelet method for fluid-structure interaction -- Development of coherent perturbations in a laminar boundary layer -- LES of supersonic boundary layers using the approximate deconvolution model -- Large-eddy simulation of a spatially growing thermal boundary layer in a turbulent square duct -- DNS of transition near the leading edge of an aerofoil -- DNS of turbulent channel flow in the presence of a thin liquid film -- Direct Simulation of transonic flow over a bump -- The role of deconvolution and numerical discretization in subgrid-scale modeling -- Differential rotation effects within a turbulent Batchelor vortex -- LES of flow around a circular cylinder at a high subcritical Reynolds number with cartesian grids -- Large-eddy simulation of turbulent flows over a cylinder of square cross-section -- Large-eddy simulation of turbulent flow past straight and tapered circular cylinders -- LES of a turbulent flow around a sharp trailing edge -- Partly compressible fluids for DNS/LES of free and bounded turbulent flows -- Large-eddy simulation of complex internal flows -- Large-eddy simulation of the flow around a low pressure turbine blade -- The turbulent reacting shear layer: DNS and LES -- DNS study of supersonic mixing layers -- 2D-LES of a free-surface mixing layer -- Large-eddy simulation of the flow over a wall-mounted fence -- Active control of turbulent separated flows using large-eddy simulation -- Large-eddy simulation of convective entrainment in linearly and discretely stratified fluids -- Direct numerical simulation of turbulence and interfacial dynamics in countercurrent air-water flows -- Direct and large-eddy simulation of particle-laden flows using the point-particle approach -- Large-eddy simulation of turbulent shear flows laden with bubbles -- Dynamics of coherent vortices in Large-Eddy Simulation -- Detached-eddy simulation of the separated flow around a forebody cross-section -- Turbulence modification in a stably-stratified channel flow -- The use and relevance of reacting LES in engineering design cycle -- Direct numerical simulations of multiphase flows.
- The workshop 'Direct and Large-Eddy Simulation-4' was held at the Uni versity ofTwente, July 18-20, 2001. DLES4is part of a series ofERCOFfAC workshops that originated at the University of Surrey in 1994. Over the years the DLES-series has grown into a major international venue focused on the development and application of direct and large-eddy simulation. Fundamental turbulence - and modeling issues but also elements from modem numerical analysis are at the heart of this field of interest, a fact which is clearly reflected by the contents of these proceedings. Modeling and simulation of complex flow phenomena forms a central ele ment in a large volume of scientific - and applied research. The problem of simulating turbulent flows and capturing their main dynamical features remains a highly motivating challenge. This three-day workshop focused on recent de velopments in numerical and physical modeling of complex flow phenomena concentrating on modem strategies in the field of direct and large-eddy simula tion. A major aim was to promote the exchange of ideas and problems from both industrial and academic background paying attention to physical, mathematical and engineering aspects.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 34516857