Ontology Learning for the Semantic Web [electronic resource] / by Alexander Maedche
- Maedche, Alexander
- New York, NY : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 2002.
- 1st ed. 2002.
- Physical Description:
- XXIII, 244 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science, 0893-3405 ; 665
- I Fundamentals -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Ontology - Definition & Overview -- 3. Layered Ontology Engineering -- II Ontology Learning for the Semantic Web -- 4. Ontology Learning Framework -- 5. Data Import & Processing -- 6. Ontology Learning Algorithms -- III Implementation & Evaluation -- 7. The TEXT-TO-ONTO Environment -- 8. Evaluation -- IV Related Work & Outlook -- 9. Related Work -- 10. Conclusion & Outlook -- References.
- Ontology Learning for the Semantic Web explores techniques for applying knowledge discovery techniques to different web data sources (such as HTML documents, dictionaries, etc.), in order to support the task of engineering and maintaining ontologies. The approach of ontology learning proposed in Ontology Learning for the Semantic Web includes a number of complementary disciplines that feed in different types of unstructured and semi-structured data. This data is necessary in order to support a semi-automatic ontology engineering process. Ontology Learning for the Semantic Web is designed for researchers and developers of semantic web applications. It also serves as an excellent supplemental reference to advanced level courses in ontologies and the semantic web.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- PDF and text file
View MARC record | catkey: 34517499