Fuzzy Logic and the Internet [electronic resource] / edited by Masoud Nikravesh, Lofti A. Zadeh
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2004.
- 1st ed. 2004.
- Physical Description:
- XII, 325 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Nikravesh, Masoud, 1959-, Zadeh, Lofti A., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Fuzzy Logic and the Internet: Web Intelligence -- Fuzzy Logic and Rank Aggregation for the World Wide Web -- Automatic Learning of Multiple Extended Boolean Queries by Multiobjective GA-P Algorithms -- An Approximate Querying Environment for XML Data -- Information Gathering on the Internet Using a Distributed Intelligent Agent Model with Multi-Granular Linguistic Information -- A Time-Completeness Tradeoff on Fuzzy Web-Browsing Mining -- A Fuzzy Logic Approach for Content-Based Audio Classification and Boolean Retrieval -- Soft Computing Technology for Dynamic Web Pages Categorization -- Text Mining using Fuzzy Association Rules -- BISC Decision Support System: University Admission System -- Web Mining in Soft Computing Framework: A Survey -- A decision support tool for web-shopping using Product Category Summarization -- Logo Recognition and Detection with Geostatistical, Stochastic, and Soft-Computing Models -- Fuzzy Web Information Classification Agents.
- The unrestrainable explosion of the world wide web is not bereft of troubles and drawbacks, especially for inexpert users. Therefore there is a strong need of new research approaches in term of theories and systems. The main objective of this book is to provide new tools and ideas to enhance the power of the internet and search engines. Among these new research trends an important role is played by technologies that enable to process imprecise information, and to perform approximate reasoning capability. This book written by leading experts in their field demonstrates the ability of Fuzzy Technology to exploit the tolerance for imprecision to achieve tractability, robustness, and low solution costs and it shows that soft computing methods are a good choice to face complex Web problems.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 34517965