Advances in Control of Articulated and Mobile Robots [electronic resource] / edited by Bruno Siciliano, Alessandro de Luca, Claudio Melchiorri, Giuseppe Casalino
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2004.
- 1st ed. 2004.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 242 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Siciliano, Bruno, 1959-, De Luca, Alessandro, Melchiorri, Claudio, Casalino, Giuseppe, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- This monograph presents an updated source of information on the state of the art in advanced control of articulated and mobile robots. It includes relevant selected problems dealing with enhanced actuation, motion planning and control functions for articulated robots, as well as of sensory and autonomous decision capabilities for mobile robots. The basic idea behind the book is to provide a larger community of robotic researchers and developers with a reliable source of information and innovative applications in the field of control of cooperating and mobile robots. This book is the outcome of the research project MISTRAL (Methodologies and Integration of Subsystems and Technologies for Anthropic Robotics and Locomotion) funded in 2001-2002 by the Italian Ministry for Education, University and Research. The thorough discussion, rigorous treatment, and wide span of the presented work reveal the significant advances in the theoretical foundation and technology basis of the robotics field worldwide.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 34517989