Handbook of Reliability Engineering [electronic resource] / edited by Hoang Pham
- London : Springer London : Imprint: Springer, 2003.
- 1st ed. 2003.
- Physical Description:
- XXXI, 663 pages 1,550 illustrations, 1,539 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Pham, Hoang and SpringerLink (Online service)
- System Reliability and Optimization -- Multi-state k-out-of-n Systems -- Reliability of Systems with Multiple Failure Modes -- Reliabilities of Consecutive-k Systems -- Multi-state System Reliability Analysis and Optimization (Universal Generating Function and Genetic Algorithm Approach) -- Combinatorial Reliability Optimization -- Statistical Reliability Theory -- Modeling the Observed Failure Rate -- Concepts of Stochastic Dependence in Reliability Analysis -- Statistical Reliability Change-point Estimation Models -- Concepts and Applications of Stochastic Aging in Reliability -- Class of NBU-t0 Life Distribution -- Software Reliability -- Software Reliability Models: A Selective Survey and New Directions -- Software Reliability Modeling -- Software Availability Theory and Its Applications -- Software Rejuvenation: Modeling and Applications -- Software Reliability Management: Techniques and Applications -- Recent Studies in Software Reliability Engineering -- Maintenance Theory and Testing -- Warranty and Maintenance -- Mechanical Reliability and Maintenance Models -- Preventive Maintenance Models: Replacement, Repair, Ordering, and Inspection -- Maintenance and Optimum Policy -- Optimal Imperfect Maintenance Models -- Accelerated Life Testing -- Accelerated Test Models with the Birnbaum-Saunders Distribution -- Multiple-steps Step-stress Accelerated Life Test -- Step-stress Accelerated Life Testing -- Practices and Emerging Applications -- Statistical Methods for Reliability Data Analysis -- The Application of Capture-Recapture Methods in Reliability Studies -- Reliability of Electric Power Systems: An Overview -- Human and Medical Device Reliability -- Probabilistic Risk Assessment -- Total Dependability Management -- Total Quality for Software Engineering Management -- Software Fault Tolerance -- Markovian Dependability/Performability Modeling of Fault-tolerant Systems -- Random-request Availability.
- An effective reliability programme is an essential component of every product's design, testing and efficient production. From the failure analysis of a microelectronic device to software fault tolerance and from the accelerated life testing of mechanical components to hardware verification, a common underlying philosophy of reliability applies. Defining both fundamental and applied work across the entire systems reliability arena, this state-of-the-art reference presents methodologies for quality, maintainability and dependability. Featuring: Contributions from 60 leading reliability experts in academia and industry giving comprehensive and authoritative coverage. A distinguished international Editorial Board ensuring clarity and precision throughout. Extensive references to the theoretical foundations, recent research and future directions described in each chapter. Comprehensive subject index providing maximum utility to the reader. Applications and examples across all branches of engineering including IT, power, automotive and aerospace sectors. The handbook's cross-disciplinary scope will ensure that it serves as an indispensable tool for researchers in industrial, electrical, electronics, computer, civil, mechanical and systems engineering. It will also aid professional engineers to find creative reliability solutions and management to evaluate systems reliability and to improve processes. For student research projects it will be the ideal starting point whether addressing basic questions in communications and electronics or learning advanced applications in micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), manufacturing and high-assurance engineering systems.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- Part Of:
- Springer Nature eBook
View MARC record | catkey: 34518179