Visit of St Nicholas / c.1871-1874 : Pamphlet. c.1871-1874
- Moore, Clement Clarke, 1779-1863
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, New York : McLoughlin Bros, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 6 unnumbered leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "In verse. Caption title: A visit from St. Nicholas. Title and imprint statement transcribed from p.  of wrapper. By Clement Clarke Moore. "McLoughlin Bros., publishers, 71 & 73 Duane St., N.Y."--at foot of p.  of wrapper. McLoughlin Bros. was located at 71 & 73 Duane St. between 1871 and 1886. "Aunt Louisa. Big picture series--Quarto demi. Six full page illustrations printed in colors ... Price, 25 cents each [thirty titles listed] ... Golden light series ... 6 kinds ... 15 cents each"--publisher's advertisement, p.  of wrapper. These descriptions match those given in the McLoughlin trade catalogue for 1875, with the exception of the Aunt Louisa's big picture series, which the catalogue lists as "Aunt Louisa's big picture books ... fifty kinds." Variant issues noted; another issue has an illustration of Santa Claus filling the stockings; this issue does not have that illustration, but the plates appear to be complete. Cover printed in colored ink. Plates chromolithographed."
- Other Subject(s):
- AMDigital Reference:219300
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Visit of St Nicholas / c.1871-1874 Visit of St Nicholas / c.1871-1874, c.1871-1874
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34521748