Grandma's Tales / c.1870 : Pamphlet. c.1870
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, New York : McLoughlin Bros, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 15 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "Nursery rhymes with pictures. Title, imprint statement, and series transcribed from p.  of printed wrapper. Series transposed from head of wrapper. Text is identical to issues dated between 1858 and April, 1870. "Uncle Frank's series. 16mo. Colored toys--8 pages. ... Price 6 cents each."--publisher's advertisement, p.  of wrapper. Another issue dated ca. 1863-1870 has an advertisement for "Uncle Franks' series" listing a price of 5 cents each. Wood engravings hand-colored. Wood engraving, p.  of wrapper, is printed in red and black ink and is signed, "E.P.C." (i.e., Edward P. Cogger?). "McLoughlin Brothers, publishers of toy books, games &c."--publisher's advertisement, p.  of wrapper."
- Other Subject(s):
- AMDigital Reference:219441
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Grandma's Tales / c.1870 Grandma's Tales / c.1870, c.1870
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34521779