Robinson Crusoe / c.1880-1889 : Pamphlet. c.1880-1889
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, New York : McLoughlin Bros, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 20 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "A verse adaptation of Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe. Title and imprint statement transcribed from upper cover. Caption title: Adventures of Robinson Crusoe. Variant issues noted; in this issue, the title is printed in reddish-orange ink. The second page of text, beginning with the words, "Yet sometimes he grew very sad" appears on the verso of a blank page. In another issue, the title is printed in dark red ink. The second page of text appears on the verso of the first full-page illustration. Cover and illustrations chromolithographed. Binding and refined chromolithographic technique are characteristic of McLoughlin picture books published in the 1880s and 1890s. A similar issue of Robinson Crusoe bears a picture of men from various racial and ethnic backgrounds holding letters of the alphabet. This picture also appeared in another book issued ca. 1882."
- AMDigital Reference:220726
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Robinson Crusoe / c.1880-1889 Robinson Crusoe / c.1880-1889, c.1880-1889
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34521949