Visit to the Menagerie / c.1888-1894 : Pamphlet. c.1888-1894
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, New York : McLoughlin Bros, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 16 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "In verse, with pictures. Title and imprint statement transcribed from upper cover. Caption title: Visit to the zooÌˆlogical gardens. At head of cover: Mounted on linen. Cover and illustrations chromolithographed. Upper cover design signed by W. Bruton, who was a McLoughlin artist ca. 1882-1895. Lower cover bears a chromolithograph of a clown and an elephant whose trunk is holding a fan. These two figures also appear on the cover of The circus procession, copyrighted 1888 by McLoughlin Bros. Issue in hand also bears a lithographed picture of men representing different racial and ethnic groups holding up the letters of the alphabet. This picture was used in various McLoughlin books issued ca. 1885-1910. The confidential price-list and telegraph code (1894) lists A visit to the menagerie under the Aunt Louisa series. Illustration, p. , signed, "R. Hy."
- AMDigital Reference:222085
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Visit to the Menagerie / c.1888-1894 Visit to the Menagerie / c.1888-1894, c.1888-1894
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34522125