Santa Claus and His Works / c.1875 / 2 : Pamphlet. c.1875
- Webster, Geo. P. (George P.
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, New York : McLoughlin Bros, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered leaves, 6 unnumbered leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "In verse. Cover title. Series statement at head of title. Running title: Santa-Claus and his works. "By Geo. P. Webster."--p. . Variant issues noted: issue in hand does not have a series title printed on p.  of wrapper, but the title in hand is listed under the ad for Big picture books for little children (p.  of wrapper). In another issue, the series title Aunt Louisa's big picture series is printed at the head of p.  of wrapper. Publisher's advertisement, lower cover, features ads for Big picture books for little children ("Twenty-five cents each. Comprise fifty kinds"), "New paper dolls" (including Polly Prim, Gerty Good, and Jennie June), and "Standard folding game boards" (including Pilgrim's progress, The Jerome steeple chase game, Life's Mishaps, and Captive Princess). The descriptions of these book series, paper dolls, and games match those given in the McLoughlin catalogue of toy books ... (New York, ). Copy in hand bears an inscription dated 1878. Illustrated by Thomas Nast. Wrapper printed in color. Plates chromolithographed."
- Other Subject(s):
- AMDigital Reference:222223
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Santa Claus and His Works / c.1875 / 2 Santa Claus and His Works / c.1875 / 2, c.1875
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34522144