Old Mother Hubbard And Her Wonderful Dog : Pamphlet. c.1877-1889
- Martin, Sarah Catherine, 1768-1826
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, United States; Cincinnati : Thomson, Peter Gibson (1851-1931), 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered leaves : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "Cover title. Series statement at head of title. By Sarah Catherine Martin. Peter G. Thomson was active as a printer, publisher, and bookseller in Cincinnati beginning in 1877. Cf. Walter Sutton, The western book trade, (1961), p. 339. Thomson sold his picture book stock to McLoughlin Bros. ca. 1884; cf. Robert J. Buck, Trail blazers of the Thomson Gamble family (1948), p. 16-17. Back wrapper has advertisement for picture book based on the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta Patience; Patience was first performed April 23, 1881. Text printed in double columns. Illustrations printed in color by a relief process. "New picture books. ... Aunt Laura's series. 10 cents each. Six kinds, large 8vo., each containing six full-page colored illustrations ... Mother Hubbard."--p.  of wrapper. Also has ads for Patience or The poet and milkmaid, At home, Sugar and spice, Pictures to paint, Under the window painting book, Big picture book series, Chimney corner series, and Mary Bell's series."
- Other Subject(s):
- AMDigital Reference:367519
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Old Mother Hubbard And Her Wonderful Dog Old Mother Hubbard And Her Wonderful Dog, c.1877-1889
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34524541