Mother's Lessons : For Little Girls and Boys / By a Lady of Boston Anthology; Primer. 1845
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, Massachusetts : William D Ticknor & Co, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 2 unnumbered pages, 10-160 pages, 8 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations ; 15 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "Parents and teachers have long felt the want of a first reading book for young children, to take the place of the little English work entitled 'Mamma's lessons,' which has been received with great favor in this country, having already gone through many editions, and being as yet almost the only book of this kind in print. For this reason, the author of the present little volume has attempted to prepare a series of short lessons, as a substitute for the book above mentioned, (which is not, in all respects, adapted to this country,) and has endeavored to make them more in accordance with our manners and modes of expression."--Preface, p. [iii]-iv. Copyright 1844 by F. and J. Andrews. "Traveller Press. 47 Court Street."--verso of title page. In purple cloth. One copy has pebble grain cloth with floral design on spine; another copy has horizontally ribbed grain cloth with gothic window design on spine. Plates engraved on metal."
- AMDigital Reference:218026
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Mother's Lessons : For Little Girls and Boys / By a Lady of Boston, 1845
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34525028