Mcguffey's Newly Revised Second Reader : The Eclectic Second Reader: Consisting Of Progressive Lessons In Reading And Spelling; For The Younger Classes In Schools Picture Book; Anthology. 1844
- McGuffey, William Holmes, 1800-1873
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, Ohio : Winthrop B Smith & Co, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 108 pages : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "Series from head of title. Running title: M'Guffey's second reader of the eclectic series. Copyright 1844 by Winthrop B. Smith (copyright statement appears on p. 6). Smith published as an individual in Cincinnati between 1843 and 1845. "Stereotyped by J.A. James, Cin."--foot of p. 6. "The unparalleled demand for the Second, as well as the other readers in the Eclectic series, has rendered in necessary to issue a new edition, printed on new stereotype plates. This opportunity has been embraced to revise, re-model, and greatly enlarge the book ... Preparatory to this revision, many school bookis and the best juvenile writings of England, France, and Germany were obitained , and free use has been made of them. ..."--Preface, p.7. Advertisements for Ray's arithmetical course and McGuffey's reading books of the Eclectic series, p. 1-4."
- Other Subject(s):
- AMDigital Reference:443062
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Mcguffey's Newly Revised Second Reader : The Eclectic Second Reader: Consisting Of Progressive Lessons In Reading And Spelling; For The Younger Classes In Schools, 1844
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34525188