Wild Beast Show : Pop-Up. c.1886
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, New York : McLoughlin Bros, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet 2 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- "A folder with 2 pages printed on one side of the sheet. Features a pop-up illustration consisting of two free-standing paper panels representing a cage holding a tigress and her cubs, a hyena, and a monkey and her baby. Cage is framed by a proscenium. Proscenium tableau measures 20 x 19 x 7 cm. Features the poem, "Caged wild animals," p. . Title, imprint statement, and series transcribed from upper cover. Series transposed from between title and imprint statement. "30 cent books. No. 153.--The little showman's series--small size. Six kinds. Menagerie cages, viz.: ... The wild beast show" --Catalogue of McLoughlin Bros. toy books, (1886), p. 11. An entry for this series was not found in the McLoughlin catalogue for 1882-1883. The large size editions of the Little showman's series (featuring the seasons) were published in 1884. McLoughlin catalogues for 1883 through 1885 were not available. Book is oriented so that spine is at the head of the cover. Cover and tableau printed in color by a relief process (zinc etching). "Sample page (reduced size) of our new object teaching book--in outline. ... Price 50 cts."--publisher's advertisement, lower cover. Advertisement pictorial design signed by C.J. Howard."
- AMDigital Reference:222371
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Wild Beast Show Wild Beast Show, c.1886
- Location of Originals:
- American Antiquarian Society
- Copyright Note:
- Content compilation (c) 2020, by the American Antiquarian Society. All rights reserved.
View MARC record | catkey: 34525926