First-person accounts of genocidal acts committed in the twentieth century : an annotated bibliography / Samuel Totten
- Totten, Samuel
- New York, NY : Greenwood Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- copyright 1991
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (lxxix, 351 pages).
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Introduction -- Scope of the Work -- 1: General Information Vis-a-Vis First-Person Accounts -- 2: German Extermination of the Hereros -- 3: The Ottoman Genocide of the Armenians -- 4: Soviet Artificially-Induced Famine in Ukraine -- 5: The Soviet's Great Purge -- 6: Soviet Deportation of Whole Nations -- 7: Holocaust: 1939-1945 -- 8: Fate of the Gypsies During the Holocaust Years -- 9: Indonesian Genocide of Communists and Suspected Communists -- 10: Ugandan Genocides Under Idi Amin and Milton Obote -- 11: Pakistani Genocide in Bangladesh -- 12: Burundi Genocide of the Hutus -- 13: Indonesian Genocide in East Timor -- 14: The Khmer Rouge Genocide in Cambodia -- 15: The Threatened Genocide of the Baha'is -- 16: Genocide of Various Indigenous Peoples -- Subject Index -- Author Index.
- This bibliography includes English-language first-person accounts of individuals who survived or witnessed, as bystanders, journalists, diplomats, or liberators, genocidal acts in this century. The primary focus is on diaries, letters, memoirs, autobiographies, oral histories, interviews, and statements in newspaper articles.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 8, 2016).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34532274