Berber : a quest for water / a film by Bruno & Sylvain Cedat
- Additional Titles:
- Quest for water : Berbers in the Atlas mountains
- Saint-Ouen, France : Prime Entertainment Group, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (52 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Cedat, Bruno, Beverle, Marlene, Y.N Productions, Montagne TV, and Prime Entertainment Group
- Language Note:
- In English.
- In remote Valleys of the Atlas range in Morroco, water is a rare resource. Berbers are the only people to be found in this harsh environment. They convert the red and dried valleys into a lush green using ancestral irrigation methods. However, climate change threatens their very existence. In the village of Tizi Anoucheg, Rachid has been trying to solve the severe water problem. He found enough fundings in order to tap water from a spring, and even to make a fountain. Rachid is now planning to aide other villages around the Valley. To do so, he will rely on French engineers who assist him concerning underground geology as well as water treatment techniques. Together, they head into the Atlas Mountains in order to understand the water cycle of the region, and to pinpoint local pollution sources. This venture leads them to the Yagour plateau and the discovering of mighty canyons.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 28, 2020).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator: Marlene Beverle.
View MARC record | catkey: 34535695