BBC Proms. 2011, Last night of the Proms. The young person's guide to the orchestra / [music by Benjamin Britten] ; [commentary by Wendy Cope] ; [directors, Bridget Caldwell, Ian Russell, Rhian Williams, Matthew Woodward] ; [producer, Julie Heptonstall] ; [director ; Rhodri Huw] ; [BBC Productions].
- Britten, Benjamin, 1913-1976
- Uniform Title:
- Young person's guide to the orchestra
- Additional Titles:
- BBC Proms. 2011, Last night of the Proms. Episode 2, The young person's guide to the orchestra and Variations and fugue on a theme of Purcell
- [London, England] : BBC Worldwide, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (25 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Huw, Rhodri, Cope, Wendy, Agutter, Jenny, Gardner, Edward, 1974-, Heptonstall, Julie, Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695, BBC Productions, BBC Symphony Orchestra, and BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Language Note:
- Spoken in English ;program presented in English.
- Tradition meets high jinks as Edward Gardner conducts his first Last Night of the Proms. For this grandest of grand finales there are two very special guests. Since her first Proms appearance in 1995, Susan Bullock has emerged as Britain's leading dramatic soprano, specialising in what she calls 'the large ladies' of the repertoire. Also featured is a classical music superstar as popular in the West as in his native China. On his sixth visit to the Proms, Lang Lang plays Liszt; Bartók's thrilling suite provides a blast of exotic orchestral colour; and Arne, Parry and Elgar bring down the curtain in traditional fashion.
- Related Titles:
- In series: BBC Proms (Series)
- Medium of Performance:
- speaker 1 orchestra 1 1 1
orchestra 1 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 28, 2021).
Written in 1945.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Jenny Agutter, narrator ; BBC Symphony Orchestra ; Edward Gardner, conductor ; presented by Katie Derham.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded live Royal Albert Hall, London, England 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 34536065