BBC Proms. 2010, Last night of the BBC Proms. Rusalka. [Měsíčku na nebi hlubokém] / [music by Antonín Dvořák] ; [directors, Bridget Caldwell, John Kirby, Ian Russell, Rhian Williams, Matthew Woodward] ; [producer, Helen Mansfield] ; [director, Rhodri Huw] ; [BBC Productions].
- Dvořák, Antonín, 1841-1904
- Uniform Title:
- Rusalka. Měsíčku na nebi hlubokém
- Additional Titles:
- BBC Proms. 2010, Last night of the Proms. Episode 2, Rusalka, BBC Proms. 2010, Last night of the Proms. Rusalka. Měsíčku na nebi hlubokém, BBC Proms. 2010, Last night of the Proms. Rusalka. Song to the moon, BBC Proms. 2010, Last night of the Proms. Rusalka. O silver moon, BBC Proms. 2010, Last night of the BBC Proms. Rusalka. Song to the moon, and BBC Proms. 2010, Last night of the BBC Proms. Rusalka. O silver moon
- London, England : BBC Worldwide, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Huw, Rhodri, Mansfield, Helen, Fleming, Renée, Bělohlávek, Jiří, BBC Symphony Orchestra, BBC Productions, and BBC Worldwide Ltd
- Language Note:
- Sung in Czech with English subtitles ; program presented in English.
- One of the most popular classical music concerts in the world, the Last Night of the Proms is watched and listened to by an audience of millions around the globe. Tradition meets high jinks for 2010 as Jiri Belohlavek conducts his second Last Night, while the spirit of Henry Wood presides, as always, over the grand finale of the Proms. Renee Fleming lends her lustrous soprano to music by Strauss, Dvorak and Smetana. A festive new piece by Jonathan Dove opens the evening; a contemporary hornpipe forms an upbeat to anniversary composer Arne's Rule, Britannia! and traces of the season's Wood, Parry, Wagner, Rodgers and Hammerstein and opera themes run throughout the concert.
- Related Titles:
- In series: BBC Proms (Series)
- Medium of Performance:
- soprano voice 1 orchestra 1 1 1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed April 28, 2021).
Written in 1900.
For soprano voice and orchestra.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Renée Fleming, soprano ; BBC Symphony Orchestra ; Jiří Bělohlávek, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded live Royal Albert Hall, London, England 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 34536083