John Charles Frémont : an explanation of his career / by Cardinal Goodwin
- Goodwin, Cardinal, 1880-1944
- Stanford University, California : Stanford University Press, 1930.
[Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Co., 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 285 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates) : map
- Parentage and youth -- Serving an apprenticeship -- Funeral, a wedding, and an independent explorer -- Influence of the West -- Great expedition -- Last official expedition and the Bear Flag Revolt -- Conquest of California -- Quarrel and a court-martial -- Penalty of blundering -- Call for leadership -- Election of 1856 -- Civil War and fraudulent contracts -- Memphis, El Paso and Pacific Railroad scandals -- Conclusion.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 263-272) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34537525