The Wright brothers / by Fred C. Kelly
- Kelly, Fred C. (Fred Charters), 1882-1959
- New York : Harcourt, Brace and Company,  and [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (340 pages) : illustrations
- HeinOnline Spinelli's law library reference shelf
- Boyhood -- Background -- Printing and bicycles -- First thoughts of flight -- Gliding at Kitty Hawk -- First power flight -- After the event -- Experiments of 1904-'05 -- It still wasn't "news" -- U.S. Army not interested -- Europe discovers the Wrights -- The Wrights in Europe -- A deal with the U.S. -- End of disbelief -- When Wilbur Wright won France -- Further adventures in 1909 -- In aviation business -- Patent suits -- Why the Wright plane was exiled.
- "The aim in this book has been to satisfy the curiosity of the average, non-technical reader regarding the work of the Wright Brothers, and to do so as simply as possible"--
- "A biography authorized by Orville Wright." and Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34537863