Bankrupt representation and party system collapse [electronic resource] / Jana Morgan
- Morgan, Jana, 1977-
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 362 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Part 1. Understanding party system collapse: concepts and theory. Introduction: the catastrophe of collapse; what it looks like: system change, transformation, and collapse; theorizing collapse: challenges, constraints, and decaying linkage -- Part 2. Linkage failure and Venezuelan collapse. The party system at its peak; policy unresponsiveness and ideological convergence; social transformation and failing group incorporation; resource shortages and clientelist excesses; linkage failure and mass exodus from the party system; -- Part 3. Party system collapse and survival in comparative perspective. A comparative approach to analyzing party system collapse; bankrupt representation in Italy, Colombia, and Bolivia; survival tactics in Argentina, Belgium, Uruguay, and India; insights into collapse and its consequences.
- "Explores the phenomenon of party system collapse through a detailed examination of Venezuela's traumatic party system decay, as well as a comparative analysis of collapse in Bolivia, Colombia, and Argentina and survival in Argentina, India, Uruguay, and Belgium"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780271050621 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -341) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34540899