Beyond flight training [electronic resource] / LeRoy Cook
- Cook, LeRoy
- Newcastle, Washington : Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc., 
- Fourth edition.
- Physical Description:
- x, 282 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Striking out on your own -- A license to learn -- Going somewhere? -- Efficient flight planning -- The flying vacation -- Low-level flying -- Dodging tall towers -- The VFR flight plan -- Using GPS in the cockpit -- Traffic and airports -- Midair menace -- Uncontrolled airports -- Grass strips -- Tower-controlled airports -- Class Charlie airspace -- Class Bravo airspace -- Weather -- Preflight briefing -- Personal forecasting -- Coping with marginal VFR -- Trapped in IFR weather -- Surviving the seasons -- Wind wisdom -- Thunderstorms: summer monsters -- Squall line encounter -- Managing heat stress -- Hazy summer days -- Fog, insidious enemy -- Cold, cold start -- Chiller ice -- Flying snow -- Using your head -- Go/no-go judgment -- Slow down to save time -- Stress management -- Considerate operations -- Sensibility -- Currency -- Your own airplane -- Flying clubs -- First love -- Customized checklist -- Test flying an airplane -- Thorough postflight inspection -- Accidents -- Going on -- Flight review due? -- Aerobatics -- Taming a tailwheel -- High-performance checkout -- Flying for money -- Instrument rating - worthwhile? -- IFR itinerary -- File IFR or stay VFR? -- Regaining IFR currency -- Splashing it on -- Soaring spirits -- Uplifting experience -- Multiengine rating -- ATP certificate.
- "Earning the Private Pilot license is a great achievement--now, expand your initial schooling to go Beyond Flight Training. The real excitement begins when the flight instructor lets go of your hand and you're left to set your own goals and create your own motivations. Veteran pilot and instructor LeRoy Cook shows you what lies beyond flight school. In these pages, he'll guide you into areas of aviation your instructors might not have mentioned. Things like planning your first cross-country flying vacation...or sharpening your weather forecasting skills...or pursuing advanced endorsements and ratings. In print for more than 30 years, this 4th Edition of Beyond Flight Training (previously published as 101 Things To Do With Your Private License) is packed with new ways to sharpen your skills and make every flying hour rewarding."--Provided by publisher.
- 9781619545854 (trade pbk. : alk. paper)
1619545853 (trade pbk. : alk. paper)
- Related Titles:
- 101 Things To Do With Your Private License
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34541126