Daum's Boys [electronic resource] : Schools and the Republic of Letters in early modern Germany / Alan S. Ross
- Ross, Alan S., 1978-
- Manchester : Manchester University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 235 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- 'A veritabl gem' : urban culture, authority and education in early modern Zwickau -- The finished scholar : convincing oneself and convincing others -- The virtues of diversity : pedagogical innovation and contested curricula -- Violent aspirations : pupils' transgression and the spectre of university -- Learning by wrong-doing : aspiration and transgression among Zwickau pupils -- Networks, patronage and exploitation : correspondence and the next generation of scholars -- Conclusion : civic communities, humanist education and the 'Age of Enlightenment.'
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 191-225) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34543264