Handbook of global supply chain management [electronic resource] / John T. Mentzer, Matthew B. Myers, Theodore P. Stank, editors
- Additional Titles:
- Global supply chain management
- Thousand Oaks : Sage Publications, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 585 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Mentzer, John T., Myers, Matthew B., and Stank, Theodore P.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Why global supply chain management? -- Global supply chain management strategy -- Assessing the global environment -- Value and customer service management -- Demand management -- Knowledge management -- Process orientation and successful supply chain management -- Marketing and sales management -- Product management And global product launch -- Expanding the frontiers of operations management -- Integrated logistics management -- Inventory management in global supply chains -- Transportation management -- Warehousing in the supply chain -- Supply management -- Critical support of supply chain logistics personnel -- The lean supply chain: the path to excellence -- The financial-supply chain management connection -- Risk management -- Supply chains as interpretation systems: knowledge, strategy, And performance -- Relationship management -- Logistics outsourcing -- International sourcing strategies: redressing the balance -- Negotiation -- Interfunctional coordination -- Interorganizational coordination -- Global supply chain control -- Supply chain innovation -- Global supply chain security -- Diagnosing the supply chain -- Change management.
- Includes methods and perspectives on global logistics and supply chain management that have emerged from logistics, marketing, management, economics, sociology, personnel, information systems, and international relation. Provides a comprehensive understanding and assessment of the field of global logistics and supply chain management. Describes and critically examines the key perspectives guiding global logistics and supply chain management, taking stock of what we know (and don't know) about them. Identifies emerging developments and delineate their significance to the practice of global logistics and supply chain management. Employs top flight international researchers from both academia and practice to provide a broad range of ideas and applications.
- 1412918057 (cloth : acid-free paper)
9781412918053 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 34546606