Handbook of kidney transplantation [electronic resource] / edited by Gabriel M. Danovitch, MD, Medical Director, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant Program, Ronald Reagan Medical Center at UCLA, John J. Kuiper Chair of Nephrology and Renal Transplatation, Distinguished Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer, 
- Sixth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 606 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 21 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Danovitch, Gabriel M.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Options for patients with advanced kidney disease / Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Transplantation immunobiology / Hehua Dai and Fadi G. Lakkis -- Histocompatability testing, crossmatching, immune monitoring / Michael Cecka and Elaine Reid -- The science of deceased donor kidney transplantation / Frank Delmonico, Helen Nelson, and Jeffrey Veale -- Allocation of deceased donor organs / Tom Mone and Prasad Garimella -- Immunosupressive medications and protocols / Erik Lum, Ted Sievers, and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Living donor kidney transplantation / Anjay Rastogi, Mara Hersh-Rifkin, Albin Gritsch, Jeffrey Veale, and Suzanne McGuire -- Evaluation of kidney transplant candidates / Mike Bunnapradist and Uttam Reddy -- The transplant operation and its surgical complications / Albin Gritsch and Jeffrey Veale -- Post-transplant : the first three months / Phuong-Thu T. Pham and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Post-transplant : long term management and complications / Edmund Huang and Bertram Kasiske -- Infections in kidney transplantation / Joanna Schaenman and Bertram Kubak -- Kidney transplantation and liver disease / Mike Bunnapradist and Paul Martin -- Diagnostic imaging in kidney transplantation / Steven Raman and Nagesh Ragavendra -- Histopathology of kidney transplantation / Cynthia C. Nast and Mark Haas -- Options for the diabetic kidney transplant candidate / Gerald Lipshutz -- Kidney transplantation in children / Eileen W. Tsai, Meghan H. Pearl, and Robert B. Ettenger -- Psychiatric aspects of kidney transplantation / Akhil Shenoy and Itai Danovitch -- Organ transplant law and ethics / Alexandra Glazier -- Nutrition in kidney transplant candidates / Mareena George -- Psychosocial and financial aspects of kidney transplantation / Mara Hersh Rifkin -- Kidney transplantation in the developing world / Rudolph Garcia-Gallont and Elmi Muller -- The declaration of istanbul on organ trafficking and transplant tourism / Gabriel M. Danovitch.
- 9781496326157 (pbk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 34546617