Marxism and film activism [electronic resource] : screening alternative worlds / edited by Ewa Mazierska and Lars Kristensen
- New York : Berghahn Books, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 281 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mazierska, Ewa and Kristensen, Lars Lyngsgaard Fjord
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Ewa Mazierska and Lars Kristensen -- Past activism. Between socialist modernisation and cinematic modernism: the revolutionary politics of aesthetics of Medvedkin's cinema-train / Gal Kirn -- Politics and aesthetics within Godard's cinema / Jeremy Spence -- Marker, activism and melancholy: reflections on the radical '60s in the later films of Chris Marker / Jon Kear -- Marx immemorial: workers and peasants in the cinema of Jean-Marie Straub and Daniåle Huillet / Manuel Ramos Martinez -- In the heat of the factory: the global fires of the hour of the furnaces / Bruce Williams -- Present activism. Contemporary political cinema: the impossibility of passivity / William Brown -- Cultural resistance through film: the case of Palestinian cinema / Haim Bresheeth -- The contemporary landscape of video-activism in Britain / Steve Presence -- Marxist resistance at bicycle speed: screening the critical mass movement / Lars Kristensen -- Tales of a video blogger / Michael Chanan -- Recovering the future: Marxism and film audiences / Martin Barker.
- 9781782386421 (hardback : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 34549754