The soul's conflict with itself [electronic resource] : and victory over itself by faith. Being a treatise of the inward disquietments of distressed spirits, ... To which is subjoined, The bruised reed and smoking flax. By Richard Sibbs, ... The fifth edition. To which is prefixed, an account of the author's life
- Sibbes, Richard, 1577-1635
- Glasgow : printed by R. Urie; and sold by William Smith; and by Alexander Young, merchant in Stirling, 1768.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 8 unnumbered pages, xvii-508 pages ; 8⁰.
- The account of the author's life is by Samuel Clarke.
Four leaves containing a table of contents and preface with continuous register, are inserted after p.xvi.
'The bruised reed and smoking flax' has a divisional titlepage.
Pp.17-26 are in roman numerals.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Religion and philosophy series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English Short Title Catalog, ESTCT105312.
View MARC record | catkey: 3463784