The faithful minister encouraged [electronic resource] : A sermon, preached at the opening of the Synod of of [sic] New-York, met at Philadelphia, October 1. 1755. By James Davenport, A.M. Late Minister of the Gospel at Southwold, on Long-Island, now at Hopewell, in New-Jersey. Published at the request of some of the hearers. [Seven lines of Scripture texts].
- Davenport, James, 1716-1757
- Philadelphia : Printed by James Chattin, at the newest-printing-office, on the south side of the Jersey Market, 1756.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 5-35, 1 unnumbered page ; 4⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Treat, Richard, 1708-1778
Tennent, Gilbert, 1703-1764
Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. Synod of New York. Convention (1755) (Philadelphia)
- Preface signed: Gilbert Tennent, Richard Treat. Philadelphia, Nov. 17. 1755.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Religion and philosophy series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 7643
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 1461
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCW20287.
View MARC record | catkey: 3475104