Observations on the inslaving, importing and purchasing of Negroes [electronic resource] ; with some advice thereon, extracted from the epistle of the Yearly-Meeting of the people called Quakers, held at London in the year 1748. [Nine lines of Scripture texts].
- Benezet, Anthony, 1713-1784
- Germantown [Pa.] : Printed by Christopher Sower, 1760.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- London Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends)
- Attributed to Anthony Benezet by Evans.
Also issued as the sixth title in: A Collection of devotional tracts .. [Philadelphia, 176-?] (not in Evans).
Two states of the title page noted. In the first, the title ends "1758"; the second ends "1748".
"The uncertainty of a death-bed repentance, illustrated under the character of Penitens."--p. -16, attributed to François Fénelon.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Religion and philosophy series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 8542
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 1658
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCW28713.
View MARC record | catkey: 3475355