Virtue in it's verdure [electronic resource] : A Christian exhibited as a green olivetree, in the House of God; with a character of the virtuous Mrs. Abigail Brown: (the amiable and memorable consort of the Honourable Samuel Brown, Esq;) who expired Feb. 18. 1724,5. [Two lines from Augustine in Latin].
- Mather, Cotton, 1663-1728
- Boston, N.E. : Printed by B. Green, 1725.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, iv, 28 pages ; 8⁰.
- Half-title: A funeral sermon occasion'd by the death of Mrs. Abigail Brown, late of Salem.
Caption title: The green olive-tree.
Dedication to Col. Samuel Brown signed: Co. Mather.
Parentheses substituted for square brackets in title.
Reproduction of original from the British Library.
Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Religion and philosophy series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 2674
Holmes, T.J. Cotton Mather, 431
English Short Title Catalog, ESTCW29674.
View MARC record | catkey: 3475723