Love to Christ a necessary qualification in a Gospel minister [electronic resource] : A sermon preached at the ordination of the Reverend Mr. William Vinal, to the pastoral charge of the First Congregational Church of Christ in Newport on Rhode-Island, October 29. 1746. With some enlargement and correction by Joseph Fish, A.M. Pastor of the Second Church of Christ in Stonington. With the charge by the Rev. S. Checkley: and the right hand of fellowship by the Rev. Mr. J. Cotton. [Three lines from Jeremiah].
- Fish, Joseph, 1706-1781
- Newport, Rhode-Island : Printed by the Widow Franklin, at the town-school-house, 1747.
- Physical Description:
- 55, 1 unnumbered page ; 4⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Cotton, Josiah, 1703-1780, Checkley, Samuel, 1696-1769, and First Congregational Church (Newport, R.I.)
- Half-title: Mr. Fish's sermon at the ordination of the Reverend Mr. William Vinal., Reproduction of original from the British Library., and Available online to authorized PSU users as part of the Religion and philosophy series of Eighteenth century collections online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Thomson Gale, 2003. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 5942, Alden, J.E. Rhode Island, 77, and English Short Title Catalog, ESTCW20706.
View MARC record | catkey: 3476096