Pierre Rosanvallon's Political Thought [electronic resource] : Interdisciplinary Approaches / Daniel Schulz, Franziska Martinsen, Stephen W. Sawyer, Oliver Flügel-Martinsen
- Bielefeld : Bielefeld University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (248 p.)
- Additional Creators:
- Chatriot, Alain, Hollendung, Anna, Schulz, Daniel, Heidenreich, Felix, Flügel-Martinsen, Oliver, Martinsen, Franziska, Conti, Greg, Dormal, Michel, Martinsen, Oliver Flügel-, Diehl, Paula, Rosanvallon, Pierre, Moyn, Samuel, Sawyer, Stephen W., and Weymans, Wim
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Frontmatter -- Contents -- Preface -- 1. Introduction -- 2. The Political Theory of Democracy -- 3. Political Theory through History Pierre Rosanvallon' s Concepts of Representation and the People and their Importance for Understanding Populism -- 4. Rather Topics than Disciplines Pierre Rosanvallon's Interdisciplinary Political Thought -- 5. Writing the History of Democracy as a History of Tensions, Antinomies and Indeterminacies. Pierre Rosanvallon's Method of Conceptual History -- 6. On the Critical Potential of Rosanvallon's Wide Definition of Democracy -- 7. Restocking the Storehouse of Democratic Ideas Pierre Rosanvallon at the Collège de France (2002-2018) -- 8. Democracy and the Press in Rosanvallon's Historiography -- 9. Pierre Rosanvallon in Context The Crisis of Republicanism and the Democratic Experience -- 10. Organizing the Political Understanding the Crisis of Democracy with Rosanvallon -- 11. Governing Democratically A Reconceptualization of the Executive based on Pierre Rosanvallon -- 12. Coals to Newcastle -- 13. Pierre Rosanvallon's Pragmatic Turn -- The Authors
- The work of Pierre Rosanvallon has increasingly found itself at the center of debates in democratic and political theory - although only few of his numerous monographs have thus far been translated from French. This interdisciplinary volume, the first comprehensive collection on his political thought in English, seeks to lay the groundwork for the study of this eminent political thinker and historian. Following a hitherto untranslated opening essay by Rosanvallon, the chapters - written from a variety of disciplinary perspectives including political theory, political science, philosophy, and history - cover a wide range of topics from the history of democracy to sovereignty, populism, and the function of the press in liberal democratic regimes.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Title is part of eBook package
EBOOK PACKAGE COMPLETE 2019 English
EBOOK PACKAGE COMPLETE 2019
EBOOK PACKAGE Economics, Law & Social Sciences 2019 ENG
EBOOK PACKAGE Social Sciences 2019
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
- This eBook is made available Open Access under a CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0 http://www.transcript-verlag.de/open-access-bei-transcript
View MARC record | catkey: 34816255