The Cambridge handbook of the capability approach / edited by Enrica Chiappero-Martinetti, Siddiq Osmani, Mozaffar Qizilbash
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2021.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xx, 718 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Chiappero Martinetti, Enrica
- This landmark handbook collects in a single volume the current state of cutting-edge research on the capability approach. It includes a comprehensive introduction to the approach as well as new research from leading scholars in this increasingly influential multi-disciplinary field, including the pioneers of capability research, Martha C. Nussbaum and Amartya Sen. Incorporating both approachable introductory chapters and more in-depth analysis relating to the central philosophical, conceptual and theoretical issues of capability research, this handbook also includes analytical and measurement tools, as well as policy approaches which have emerged in the recent literature. The handbook will be an invaluable resource for students approaching the capability approach for the first time as well as for researchers engaged in advanced research in a wide range of disciplines, including development studies, economics, gender studies, political science and political philosophy.
- 9781316335741 (ebook), 9781107115286 (hardback), and 9781107535626 (paperback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 12 Nov 2020).
View MARC record | catkey: 34826883