Proportionality in Asia / edited by Po Jen Yap
- Conference Author:
- Proportionality in Asia (Conference) (2018 : University of Hong Kong)
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 293 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Yap, Po Jen and University of Hong Kong. Centre for Comparative and Public Law
- Proportionality in Asia : Joining the Global Choir / Po Jen Yap -- More Structure, More Deference? : Proportionality in Hong Kong / Rehan Abeyratne -- Proportionality in Taiwan : American-German Fusion / Chien Chih Lin -- Proportionality in South Korea : Contextualizing the Cosmopolitan Rights Grammar / Yoon Jin Shin -- Proportionality Doctrine in Malaysia : New Dawn or "Merely Obiter"? / Benjamin Joshua Ong -- Judicial Review of Restrictions on Constitutional Rights in Japan : Highly Ad-hoc, Contextualized, and Deferential / Shigenori Matsui -- Against the Currents : The Indonesian Constitutional Court in an Age of Proportionality / Stephanus Hendrianto -- Manifest Disproportionality and the Constitutional Court of Thailand / Narongdech Srukhosit -- Reasonableness as Proportionality : More Intrusive Scrutiny in Civil Political Matters than Socio--Economic Ones? / Md. Rizwanul Islam -- Importing Proportionality Through Legislation : A Philippine Experiment / Bryan Dennis Gabito Tiojanco & Ronald Ray Katigbak San Juan -- Is there a Doctrine of Proportionality in Asia (or Anywhere)? / Mark Tushnet.
- This is the first book that focusses on how proportionality analysis - a legal transplant from the West - is applied by courts around Asia, and it explores how a country's commitment to democracy and the rule of law is fundamental to the success of the doctrine's judicial enforcement. This book will appeal to lawyers, political scientists, and students of law and political science who seek to understand how proportionality analysis is blossoming and, in some cases, flourishing in Asia.
- 9781108862950 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 21 Sep 2020).
View MARC record | catkey: 34827056