Transient ischemic attack and stroke : diagnosis, investigation and treatment / Gary K. K. Lau, Sarah T. Pendlebury, Peter M. Rothwell
- Pendlebury, Sarah T.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2018.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vii, 501 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Lau, Gary K. K., 1984- and Rothwell, Peter M.
- Cambridge medicine
- The second edition of Transient Ischemic Attack and Stroke covers the clinical background and management of the full clinical spectrum of cerebrovascular disease, from TIA to vascular dementia, in a compact, but evidence-based format making a comprehensive primer in stroke medicine. Accurate diagnosis and appropriate investigation and management have a major impact on patient outcomes in cerebrovascular disease, such as the effect of urgent antithrombotic treatment on early recurrent stroke after TIA and minor stroke, the effect of interventions such as thrombectomy and hemicraniectomy in major acute stroke, and the effect of stroke units and organised stroke care. Written by a leading team of clinicians and researchers in the field, this book will be essential to neurologists, geriatricians, stroke physicians, allied health workers and all others with an interest in stroke.
- 9781316161609 (ebook) and 9781107485358 (paperback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 30 Aug 2018).
View MARC record | catkey: 34829624