Foundations of gas dynamics / Ruey-Hung Chen
- Chen, Ruey-Hung
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 418 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Foundations of Gas Dynamics covers supersonic and subsonic flow phenomena where compressibility of the fluid cannot be ignored. It finds application in jet and rocket propulsion systems as well as handling industrial gas flow at high speeds. Students and engineers in the mechanical, aerospace, and chemical disciplines will find it useful. It begins with basic concepts such as isentropic flows, shock, and supersonic expansion waves in one dimension. These are followed by one-dimensional flows with friction and heat exchange. Two-dimensional theory with small perturbations is presented, with its applications illustrated by supersonic airfoils. Method of characteristics is used for flows with two independent variables, either with two spatial coordinates or with time variations in one dimension. In later chapters, acoustic wave propagation, supersonic flow combustion, and unsteady shock formation are treated thoroughly. The book ends with a chapter on basic hypersonic flow, with a discussion of similarity rules.
- 9781316014288 (ebook) and 9781107082700 (hardback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 14 Apr 2017).
View MARC record | catkey: 34830073