Nietzsche on tragedy / M.S. Silk and J.P. Stern
- Silk, M. S. (Michael Stephen), 1941-
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Cambridge Philosophy Classics edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 467 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Stern, J. P. (Joseph Peter)
- The first comprehensive study of Nietzsche's earliest book, The Birth of Tragedy (1872), this important volume by M. S. Silk and J. P. Stern examines the work in detail: its place in Nietzsche's philosophical career; its value as an account of ancient Greek culture; its place in the history of German ideas, and its value as a theory of tragedy and music. Presented in a fresh twenty-first-century series livery, and including a specially commissioned preface written by Lesley Chamberlain, illuminating its enduring importance and relevance to philosophical enquiry, this accessible study has been revived for a new generation of readers.
- 9781316534786 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 08 Aug 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 34830548