Vertebrobasilar ischemia and hemorrhage : clinical findings, diagnosis and management of posterior circulation disease / Louis R. Caplan, Senior Neurologist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medcial School, Boston, MA, USA
- Caplan, Louis R.
- Uniform Title:
- Posterior circulation disease
- Additional Titles:
- Vertebrobasilar Ischemia & Hemorrhage
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 594 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Foreword to the first edition / C. Miller Fisher; Preface; Section I. General Features of Cerebrovascular Disease in the Posterior Circulation: 1. Historical background; 2. Basic anatomy and pathology; 3. Signs and symptoms and their clinical localization; 4. Diagnosis: clinical, imaging, and laboratory; 5. Treatment; Section II. Posterior Circulation Ischemia: Specific Vascular Sites and Conditions: 6. Extracranial occlusive disease: innominate, subclavian, and vertebral arteries; 7. Intracranial vertebral arteries and the proximal intracranial territory; 8. Basilar artery; 9. Posterior cerebral arteries; 10. Penetrating arteries; 11. Cerebellar infarcts; 12. Migraine; 13. Venous and dural sinus thrombosis; Section III. Posterior Circulation Hemorrhage: 14. Parenchymatous hemorrhage; 15. Subarachnoid hemorrhage, aneurysms, and vascular malformations; Index.
- This comprehensive review of vascular disease in the vertebrobasilar circulation is based on Dr Louis R. Caplan's extensive experience and observation of patients from the New England Medical Center posterior circulation stroke registry. It benefits from an organized, uniform, and coherent analysis of all types of vascular disease involving the posterior circulation, presented by a single author who is one of the world's leading authorities on this topic. This new edition is fully updated throughout, including a review of all the literature published on this topic since the previous edition in 1996. There are major rewrites for the chapters on diagnosis and therapy, inclusion of modern imaging techniques, and extensive illustrations. Essential reading for stroke physicians and neurologists, the book will also be an important source of reference for neurosurgeons, vascular surgeons and endovascular radiologists.
- 9781139019453 (ebook) and 9780521763066 (hardback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34830842