Computational social science : discovery and prediction / [edited by] R. Michael Alvarez
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 327 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Alvarez, R. Michael, 1964-
- Analytical methods for social research
- Quantitative research in social science research is changing rapidly. Researchers have vast and complex arrays of data with which to work: we have incredible tools to sift through the data and recognize patterns in that data; there are now many sophisticated models that we can use to make sense of those patterns; and we have extremely powerful computational systems that help us accomplish these tasks quickly. This book focuses on some of the extraordinary work being conducted in computational social science - in academia, government, and the private sector - while highlighting current trends, challenges, and new directions. Thus, Computational Social Science showcases the innovative methodological tools being developed and applied by leading researchers in this new field. The book shows how academics and the private sector are using many of these tools to solve problems in social science and public policy.
- 9781316257340 (ebook), 9781107107885 (hardback), and 9781107518414 (paperback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 08 Mar 2016).
View MARC record | catkey: 34830852