Neurocritical care essentials : a practical guide / [edited by] Mypinder S. Sekhon, MD, Staff Intensivist and Clinical Instructor, Vancouver General Hospital, Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada, Donald E. Griesdale, MD, MPH, Staff Intensivist and Assistant Professor, Vancouver General Hospital, Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 195 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Sekhon, Mypinder S., 1983- and Griesdale, Donald E.
- Neuroanatomy -- Essential neurophysiology -- Neurological examination -- Neuroimaging -- Neuromonitoring -- Neurosurgical Critical Care -- Severe traumatic brain injury -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Intracranial hemorrhage -- Spinal cord injury -- Hydrocephalus -- Neurological Critical Care -- Ischemic stroke -- Status epilepticus -- Neuromuscular disorders -- Anoxic brain injury -- Central nervous system infections -- Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis -- Cerebral vasculitis -- Sodium disorders -- Autonomic dysfunction -- Neurological complications of systemic disorders -- Central nervous system toxicology
- This practical new resource uses a highly visual approach to summarise and simplify neurocritical care topics which can often seem daunting in their complexity. Diagrams, flowcharts, figures and tables highlight the main principles of disease pathophysiology, diagnosis and management, giving an easy-to-understand insight into this new and exciting field of medicine. Numerous high-quality radiographic images demonstrate the neuroimaging of neurological and neurosurgical diseases, and overviews of major clinical trials and studies provide an evidence-based perspective. Incorporating a full grounding in the fundamentals of neuroanatomy, neurophysiology and examination, and summaries of key points and suggested reading for each chapter, this book is a concise yet thorough reference for all those working in neurocritical care. Ideal for both trainees and specialists in neurology, neurosurgery, intensive care, anaesthesiology, emergency medicine and internal medicine.
- 9781316146187 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34831329