Scattering methods in complex fluids / Sow-Hsin Chen, Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Piero Tartaglia, Dipartimento di Fisica, Università di Roma 'La Sapienza'.
- Chen, Sow-Hsin, 1935-
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 252 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Tartaglia, Piero, 1942-
- Scattering techniques for the liquid state -- Statistical mechanics of the liquid state -- Aggregation and cluster formation -- The theory of slow dynamics in supercooled colloidal solutions -- Experiments on structural arrest -- Models of gel-forming colloids -- Dynamic crossover phenomena in confined water -- Dynamic crossover phenomena in other glass-forming liquids -- Inelastic neutron scattering in water -- Inelastic X-ray scattering spectroscopy.
- Summarising recent research on the physics of complex liquids, this in-depth analysis examines the topic of complex liquids from a modern perspective, addressing experimental, computational and theoretical aspects of the field. Selecting only the most interesting contemporary developments in this rich field of research, the authors present multiple examples including aggregation, gel formation and glass transition, in systems undergoing percolation, at criticality, or in supercooled states. Connecting experiments and simulation with key theoretical principles, and covering numerous systems including micelles, micro-emulsions, biological systems, and cement pastes, this unique text is an invaluable resource for graduate students and researchers looking to explore and understand the expanding field of complex fluids.
- 9781139034241 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34831755