Topics from one-dimensional dynamics / Karen M. Brucks, Henk Bruin
- Brucks, Karen M. (Karen Marie), 1957-
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 297 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Bruin, Henk, 1966-
- London Mathematical Society student texts ; 62
- One-dimensional dynamics owns many deep results and avenues of active mathematical research. Numerous inroads to this research exist for the advanced undergraduate or beginning graduate student. This book provides glimpses into one-dimensional dynamics with the hope that the results presented illuminate the beauty and excitement of the field. Much of this material is covered nowhere else in textbook format, some are mini new research topics in themselves, and novel connections are drawn with other research areas both inside and outside the text. The material presented here is not meant to be approached in a linear fashion. Readers are encouraged to pick and choose favourite topics. Anyone with an interest in dynamics, novice or expert alike, will find much of interest within.
- 9780511617171 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34832970