Analysing English sentences : a minimalist approach / Andrew Radford
- Radford, Andrew
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 526 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- 1. Grammar -- 2. Structure -- 3. Null constituents -- 4. Head movement -- 5. Wh-movement -- 6. A-movement -- 7. Agreement, case and A-movement -- 8. Split projections -- 9. Phases -- Glossary and list of abbreviations.
- Analysing English Sentences provides a concise and clear introduction to work in syntactic theory, drawing on the key concepts of Chomsky's Minimalist Program. Assuming little or no prior knowledge of syntax or minimalism, Radford outlines the core concepts and leading ideas and how they can be used to describe various aspects of the syntax of English. A diverse range of topics is covered, including syntactic structure, null constituents, head movement, case and agreement and split projections. Using Radford's trademark approach and writing style, the book is intensive and progressive in nature, introducing grammatical concepts and working in stages towards more complex phenomena.
- 9780511801617 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34833541