Values-based commissioning of health and social care / Christopher Heginbotham
- Heginbotham, Christopher
- Additional Titles:
- Values-Based Commissioning of Health & Social Care
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 155 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Values-based practice
- Health and social care commissioning is a values-driven as well as evidence-driven enterprise. However, whereas there has been an expectation that the evidence-base of commissioning should be made fully explicit, the corresponding values-base has been left largely implicit. The book addresses this subject through a detailed discussion of values and values-based practice, illustrated with case examples, and by developing a critique of existing commissioning. This approach enables commissioners to identify and make explicit the often diverse values of all those involved, whether as commissioners, providers or users of services. It provides a skills base and other support processes for working with differences in values held by all those engaged in making commissioning decisions. This will be essential reading for doctors, both experienced and in training, commissioning managers, professional staff in NHS Foundation Trusts and the private sector and all 'at the sharp' end of practice.
- 9781139084376 (ebook) and 9781107603356 (paperback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34833882