Textbook of neural repair and rehabilitation. Volume 1, Neural repair and plasticity / edited by Michael E. Selzer [and four others].
- Additional Titles:
- Neural Repair and Plasticity and Textbook of Neural Repair & Rehabilitation
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 643 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Selzer, Michael E.
- In two freestanding volumes, the Textbook of Neural Repair and Rehabilitation provides comprehensive coverage of the science and practice of neurological rehabilitation. Revised throughout, bringing the book fully up to date, this volume, Neural Repair and Plasticity, covers the basic sciences relevant to recovery of function following injury to the nervous system, reviewing anatomical and physiological plasticity in the normal central nervous system, mechanisms of neuronal death, axonal regeneration, stem cell biology, and research strategies targeted at axon regeneration and neuron replacement. New chapters have been added covering pathophysiology and plasticity in cerebral palsy, stem cell therapies for brain disorders and neurotrophin repair of spinal cord damage, along with numerous others. Edited and written by leading international authorities, it is an essential resource for neuroscientists and provides a foundation for the work of clinical rehabilitation professionals.
- 9780511995583 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34834753