A case-based approach to PET/CT in oncology / edited by Victor H. Gerbaudo
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 520 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Gerbaudo, Victor H.
- Cambridge medicine
- PET and PET/CT physics, instrumentation, and artifacts / Steve Moore & Mi-Ae Park -- Pet probes / Anthony Belanger & Timothy DeGrado -- PET/CT information systems / Jon Hainer -- Functional anatomy of the FDG image / Scott Britz-Cunningham & Victor H. Gerbaudo -- Brain / Laura Horky and Wei Chen -- Head and neck and thyroid / Heiko Schoder and Ravinder Grewal -- Lung and pleura / Victor H. Gerbaudo -- Esophagus / Victor H. Gerbaudo & Ritu R. Gill -- Gastrointestinal tract / Christiann Schiepers -- Pancreas and liver / Aaron Jessop & Dominique Delbeke -- Breast / Muhammad Ali Chaudhry & Richard Wahl -- Cervix, uterus, and ovary / Scott Britz-Cunningham -- Lymphoma / Lale Kostakoglu -- Melanoma / Kent P. Friedman & Stephan Probst -- Bone / Einat Even-Sapir -- Pediatric oncology / Laura Drubach, Frederick D. Grant, Ted Treves -- Malignancy of unknown origin / Hubert Chuang, Homer Macapinlac, and Denis J. Gradinscak -- Sarcoma / Katherine Zykotynski and Chun K. Kim -- Methodological aspects of response evaluation with PET / Otto Hoekstra ... [et al.] -- PET/CT-guided interventional procedures in oncologic diagnosis / Servet Tatli, Victor H. Gerbaudo & Stuart Silverman.
- A Case-Based Approach to PET/CT in Oncology describes the role of PET/CT in the diagnosis, staging and monitoring of treatment response in today's practice of oncology. It provides a detailed analysis of over 100 cases occurring in daily clinical practice, emphasizing the central role that PET imaging plays in the care of cancer patients. The text is organized into two sections; Part I guides the reader through general introductory concepts, including basic science, while Part II covers in-depth oncologic applications. Each case is illustrated throughout with full color images and explains the key management issues and the advantages and limitations of the modality. Written by a team of renowned international experts, A Case-Based Approach to PET/CT in Oncology is an invaluable resource for all imaging practitioners, oncologists and nuclear medicine specialists.
- 9781139026543 (ebook) and 9780521116831 (hardback)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 05 Oct 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 34834787